4/20/2011

Black chicken (Real)

Today, we are making special soup...

with this ↓↓↓↓↓↓



This is not a big frog having the long neck and legs, soaked in black ink for a long time.

It is thoroughly black chicken with everything black, just "bred in the bone."

I know, I know...but it is nutritious, good for women after childbirth.

If something is new to us, we've got to try! I'll eat it!!





Add some water in a pot.
Put paeoniae radix in cold water, and boil it.
(This is the kind of Chinese medicine I take)




Put the chopped chicken and wolf berries in.
Cook it for one hour.



The chicken is also called "Silk chicken." The meat is finer than the usual chicken. No smell.

The skin is black but the meat is white.
Surprisingly, the bones are black.
Yes, it looks scary and gross.




  
I made okonomiyaki. They loved it, no, maybe they loved the sauce. I was banned to put the sauce on it a lot 'cause they want to enjoy the sauce long. Magic sauce...makes everyone crazy about it.

I love the dish, stir fried mix of corn, edamames, chopped carrot and pork. Colorful and tasty.











Magic sauce


Easter is coming. My Taiwanese mom bought a pumpkin pie.  Yum Yum.

1 comment: