4/21/2011

Good-bye my Taiwanese Mom and Dad

Today is the last day in Canada. We didn't do much at all. We have a lot of food still from Easter feast. We just gave a gift to the girl nextdoor as a token of gratitude, and bought souvenirs that I have to give to more than 40 people working in the high school which I quit last March. 

(It is a custom to give some money to people leaving as a going-away present in Japan. Also, it is mandatory to give something around half the amount of the cost back...I can do this because I am convincing myself that I won't have to do this stupid thing again.)

Anyway, early next morning (by 4:30am) I am leaving here. 

Although I will miss my Taiwanese mom and dad, I don't want to recall of this shed. 
I had to read the directions for him in the end and helped him build it in the wind, in the snow, and in the cold...

There is no groundwork under it. He says he will do it later, but how can he do the groundwork later?? I am sure it will be blown away on some windy day as soon as the roof is installed. I hope Buddha bless them, their house and the neighborhood. He seems to be satisfied with his job (although some parts are already torn due to strong wind) and appreciate that I happened to be here and helped. I am happy if he thinks that way.

They are like my parents. I really appreciate this opportunity and their kindness which allowed me to stay here for no less than 2 weeks. Without it, I wouldn't have stayed that long here or have learned anything from her. Especially I shared a lot of time and fun with my Taiwanese mom. She is my another mom I love, I respect, and I will care about always in my heart. How lucky I am. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment