4/19/2011

Gaining something taking a detour

I was waiting for a letter from the RCMP in the morning. The postman is supposed to come around 10:30. Then the time had come, my Taiwanese parents received somehow an big parcel like a big paper bag, saying it was from the RCMP. I opened it. There were lots of things inside such as booklets and catalogues, so I couldn't easily find the letter. I searched and searched frantically. I found it. But I was still worried so I checked whether nothing was wrong with the info on it. I found one error. I thought, "Oh my god...I have to do it again..."

This was a dream...I fell asleep while I was waiting for the postman to come.

Being groggy, I went to the door to check the postbox. My Taiwanese father was there and I passed a bunch of letters to him to grab more. He said, "This is for you!" Yes, the letter was just a normal size, and it was definitely from the RCMP!



I opened the envelop, my non-criminal record was there!







It was a long way to this end.
I sent the first letter from Japan to the RCMP last November. They sent me back the following month. I sent it again in January. Then I got it back again in March. It was sooooo disappointing. I was going crazy. I had searched a lot about it before I failed, but still there were some pitfalls that I had never expected. I admit 5% was my faults, but 30% the US embassy which gave me old and wrong info, 65% the RCMP which misbelieved that the letter I attached was not original, sending my application back. Fingerprinting at a private agent in Canada was the last way I could resort to.

I am happy that I made it finally, and I also appreciate that I have had a chance to visit my Taiwanese parents. I learn a lot now from her. Her English is not perfect (really good enough, though) but she is always confident with herself. She never feels timid about talking to Canadian people in person or on the phone, so that it seems that people sometimes feel it is their fault that they couldn't understand some words she says. She is strong manybe because her philosophical backbone about how to live or how to be is solid.

She is the top sales person at the jewelry store where she works (Her sales a month was the top among her colleagues for 9 months last year). Her students love her. The parents of her students respect her. In/outside the house, there are lots of plants grow and bloom.

Strange as it may sound, she showers everything, everyone with love.

I visited her for the first time in 7 years, but coming over to her in order to get a non-criminal record was something I needed before starting to live in the US. I don't thank the RCMP who rejected me twice, but I feel it was not that bad to come to Canada to see her thanks to the problem I had. 


No comments:

Post a Comment