4/16/2011

Chinese Kids in Canada

I joined a Chinese class of my Taiwanese mother today.
There are 37 kids in the 2-hour class, learning Mandarin once a week. Although most of them have Chinese parents, they usually speak English even among them. So Chinese is their second language.
My Taiwanese mother tries to encourage them making it fun. It even makes me feeling like learning Mandarin.
Those kids are nice and polite. They study hard, listening to the teacher well. The one girl sitting next to me shared her handout with me. Thank you!
My Taiwanese mon said, she tries to use handouts that she made herself rather than the textbook to teach moral lessons to the kids, such as respect to your parents and the elderly, the importance of being diligent etc.
Having been accepting hard-working Asian immigrants must have given Canada a certain economic power.

I don't know exactly, but the place seems to provide classes for kids after school for special education, there are their learning achievements posted on the wall.
They learned about Japan, earthquakes, and tsunamis lately. I don't think they did the same thing when a tsunami attacked Indonesia or an earthquake attacked Chili.  Thank you for your concern, kids.


Today's dinner:

fried chicken cutlet,

fried sun-dried daikon with egg and chopped green onion,

and boiled asparagus

I think I have gained weight...

No comments:

Post a Comment